Garmin Edge 800 NOH - Black/Blue (010-N0899-31)
Note: NOH Newly Overhauled - These systems are refurbished by the manufacturer, with full 1-Year Manufacturers Warranty. Full Information please see below*
Make the most of every ride with the Garmin Edge 800 touchscreen GPS bike computer for training, touring and on the trail. Providing navigation and performance monitoring, the Garmin Edge 800 is ideal for touring, commuting, competitive cycling and mountain biking. It has a built-in basemap and tracks your distance, speed, location and ascent/descent. Use it with an ANT+™ heart rate monitor1, speed/cadence sensor1 or compatible power meter2 for a finely tuned analysis of your ride.
At Your Fingertips
The Garmin Edge 800’s touchscreen display is rugged enough to stand up to the elements, yet sensitive enough to respond to the tap of your gloved hand. Switch training pages or pan and zoom the map with just a tap. The Garmin Edge 800 comes with a bright, sunlight-readable colour display is easy to view in all lighting conditions. It is also waterproof to IPX7 standards and can withstand hard knocks and scrapes it might endure in mountain biking environments.
The aerodynamic Garmin Edge 800 has a carbon fibre look with either blue or white accents and attaches to the stem or handlebar of your bike with the low-profile mount. A quarter-turn mount design holds unit securely and lets you easily swap it between bikes using removable, reusable bands.
Know Where to Go
Whether your bike is a means of transportation or escape, having maps at your fingertips makes every ride easier, more clued-up and more fun. The Garmin Edge 800 comes with a built-in basemap that shows major roads and cities, plus it’s compatible with our range of microSD cards to add your choice of road or Discoverer mapping1. Select your destination and the Garmin Edge 800 provides turn-by-turn navigation prompts on the screen to guide your ride there.
The Garmin Edge 800 is available with Garmin GB Discoverer™ 1:50,000 scale Ordnance Survey mapping for the whole of Britain (Optional). With contours, elevations, summits, paths, routable roads and more, it’s ideal for biking anywhere in Britain on any terrain. Or choose optional plug-in 1:25k scale GB Discoverer maps for OS Explorer Map detail of your favourite National Parks (19 titles) or National Trail (17 titles).
The Garmin Edge 800 can also guide you along routes recorded by other cyclists. You can choose from millions of rides uploaded by other users through the Garmin Connect site. Any activities you upload to your Garmin Edge 800 are stored as courses. You can follow the course with navigation prompts or even try to beat previously set goals. The free BaseCamp™ software lets you create routes on your computer and then transfer to your Garmin Edge 800 in incredible detail with 2D, 3D and elevation views so you can begin your journey right away, without wasting any time.
The Garmin Edge 800 records your every move with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that stays locked on to a signal, even under tree cover. The receiver features HotFix satellite prediction to calculate your position faster, plus it has automatic time zone adjustment ideal for a European cycle tour holiday.
Data, Any Way You Want It
The Garmin Edge 800 enables you to customise up to five training pages. This makes it possible to see as much or as little information as you wish. The barometric altimeter provides extra-precise climb and descent data and records temperature changes.
If you’re a performance cyclist, you can pair the Garmin Edge 800 with a third-party ANT+ enabled power meter to display your power output in watts as you ride. You can train smarter, not just harder, by the virtue of this valuable data.
Training features of the Garmin Edge 800 include detailed workout planning, Auto Pause, Auto Lap and Courses, which helps you compare successive rides over the same route.
Analyse Your Ride
With the Garmin Edge 800 you can log the miles as well review and share your journey. All this is possible by simply uploading your data to Garmin Connect website. The data analysis and sharing is free of charge. You can upload from your PC or Mac using the included USB cable. At Garmin Connect, you can see the route you’ve ridden on a map, view a summary of your ride, create goals, share rides and data with others and much more.
PHYSICAL & PERFORMANCE:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2" x 3.7" x 1" (5.1 x 9.3 x 2.5 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.4" x 2.2" (3.8 x 5.6 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels
- Weight: 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 15 hours, typical
- Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
MAPS & MEMORY:
- Basemap: yes
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (some versions include a CityNavigator microSD card)
- Lap history: 1000 laps
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
- Routes: Limited by memory space available
- Heart rate monitor: yes (some versions)
- Bike speed/cadence sensor: yes (some versions)
- Foot pod: no
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): no
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
- Garmin Training Center® software compatible: yes
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): yes
- Courses (compete against previous activities): yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): yes
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): yes
- Simple workouts (input time, distance and calorie goals): yes
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): yes
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): yes
- Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert): no
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): yes
- Heart rate-based calorie computation: yes
- Customizable screen(s): yes
- Barometric altimeter: yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters): yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
- Sport watch: no
- Additional: Operating temperature: -20°C to +60°C
1 Included in some bundles or available separately.
2 Available from third party suppliers
What's in the Box:
- Garmin Edge 800 NOH - Black/Blue (010-N0899-31)
- Bike Mount
- AC Charger
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Manual
*Garmin Newly Overhauled Units
Q: What is a 'Newly Overhauled' Garmin GPS receiver or system?
A: [From Garmin] These are systems that have been returned to Garmin from either an end user or dealer that may or may not have been used. Many of the units Garmin gets back from their larger retailers are actually found to be working fine, but end users have returned them for any number of reasons. Whereas some units do come back with real failures.
Garmin therefore takes all these units that come back, tests them out and, if necessary, does repairs to bring them back to 'like new' status. Garmin also ensures they have the latest software update.
These units are therefore as good as new, but since they have been in the field, cannot be sold as new. Garmin then offers them to their dealers at a discounted price and offers a full one year warranty, just as they do on new systems. These systems are not new, but are as good as new.